Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thin Lizzy - Nightlife

1974
Well, it's Yacht rock isn't? It's not that bad but it's hovering near there. A couple rockers, but the lighter stuff is Really light. Probably my least favorite of the first four.

Just when I thought they had it figured out they drop this one. I think the balance between the poetic soft side and the rockers was perfect on the previous album. Then if I understand correctly they lost their guitar player, then lost the guitar player who replaced him then got two new guitar players for this album. The soft side of Thin Lizzy here goes way overboard and go's full on Yacht rock. There's only a couple rockers, which are great.The rest of the album is filled in with slow dull songs. Now, this is the first time I've listened to this and was expecting something totally different. I'm sure this album has it's place. The songs are done well, I was just hoping/expecting  so much more after Vagabonds of the Western World.

It's like they're starting over trying to figure out what kind of band they're going to be. Most of this really is something you could listen to while having coffee in the morning. It's pleasant and easy going.

No comments:

Post a Comment