Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cheap Trick - Rockford

2006
On this CD you never forget your listening to Cheap Trick. I love the sound they make as a band. I like Robin Zanders voice. I'm probably a bit nostalgic over this. Songs lean on the side of slower/mid tempo pop rock. Well crafted pop songs, middle of the road stuff. Searching for that elusive hit song that will put them back on top. I like it. Lots of Cheap Trickisms. A lot of familiar sounds, wher I think to myself,
"Oh, I've heard that before".
Just little reminders. Very Sparking recording. The slickness robs the songs of energy. It doesn't sound like four guys in a room rockin'. It sounds like recordings perfected with computers. I'm not blown away by it, but this is one of the better Cheap Trick albums since '84? or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment