Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac

1968
When I first put this on I dismissed it, "this is just the blues". Funny thing is, I keep getting drawn back to it. Great guitar blues rock.
I prefer my blues my blues to be more over driven and over the top, or by an old black guy sittin' on his porch in the south during the depression. This has some good guitar playing. That is for sure. These guys do such a straight interpretation of the blues and do it so well it's makes you wish for more. More of their own personal blues expansion. Half this album is cover and half is originals, but I can't tell any difference. 1968 seems pretty late in the game to be playing it so straight, they must be purest.Sounds like they're playing live in the studio. I like this one more each time I listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment