Thursday, July 5, 2018

KISS - Alive II

1977
     I'm pretty sure this is the first Kiss album I ever got. I had them all not long after getting this one. I guess I was around 10 or 11 when this came out.
     Kiss we're bigger than life. They we're rock/metal and they we're catchy. So if your're a 13 year old with no prior experience with "Metal" and something that comes along that's catchy enough to turn you to the "Metal" side...I assume everybody reading this understands what it's like to be a hardcore music fan, a "Metalhead" or whatever. I think Kiss let millions of kids know there was a musical alternative to Barry Manilow, KC and the Sunshine Band, or John Denver or the Carpenters or whatever...KISS was super popular because they were accessible. They we're a gateway band for a lot of people to go discover more "serious" music or whatever, and if you were 12,13,14, years old when that happened, you're never gonna forget it.
     Before Kiss, I had Beatles and Beach Boys records. After Kiss I had Van Halen.

No comments:

Post a Comment