Friday, December 10, 2010

Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue



I bought the first Alice In Chains record when it came out and thought it was great. Heard all the radio/MTV hits over the years and liked them all...not enough to buy another album after the first. I was pretty sure it was all about their singer. I remember hearing the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff and thinking, "Wow, he was a bigger part of the vocal sound/feel of the band than I thought." After Layne Staley died you would think, you can't really do Alice In Chains anymore. Well, they did. Surprisingly it sounds like Alice In Chains without thinking about it too much. Mostly because of how much Cantrell added to the vocal department. Music is cool. File this record under, better than I thought it would be. Goes on too long though.

No comments:

Post a Comment