Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cheap Trick - Next Position Please



I remember when this came out I was pretty disappointed. All the power of this power pop band has been removed from this release. Kill 'Em All came out the same year and that is for sure where my head was at. Cheap Trick is my favorite band ever so this album has received a lot of plays over the years. A lot more if it was a different band I'm sure. Most all the songs are pretty good and Cheap Trick got REALLY bad after this...There's touches of 80's electronic blip sound here and there, but this is still mostly all rock instruments. My friends who like rock hate this record. I'm a sucker for Cheap Trick. Probably 10 Cheap Trick records better than this one, but this one is solid as far as the songs go, the rockin' however has been removed.

-There might only be 7 or 8 Cheap Trick albums better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment