Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You



Well, I'm surprised to say that this doesn't totally suck. I should warn you though that this album came out when I was in high school. I didn't have it then. I don't remember hearing this whole album, ever. I couple songs remind me of other Stones songs. That's to be expected after you put out 50 albums or so. Start Me Up is on this one. If I hadn't been listening to crazy symphonic Japanese Black Metal for what seemed like 8 continuous hours before listening to this, I might not have enjoyed this quite so much.

"Tattoo You is an album primarily composed of outtakes from previous recording sessions, some dating back a decade, with new vocals and overdubs". - Wikipedia

"It wasn't all outtakes; some of it was old songs. ...I had to write lyrics and melodies. A lot of them didn't have anything, which is why they weren't used at the time - because they weren't complete. They were just bits, or they were from early takes." -Mick Jagger

A good chunk of this is stuff that didn't make it on to Emotional Rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment